Sunday, February 12, 2006

my playground... no more



flashback to when i was a child, my first contact with a kid's favourite spot was this shoe playground across the road near my grandma house at serangoon north. another one was a few blocks aways with a small swing. they were the kind which was filled with sand and each time u have to take off your slippers and bare your feet to the coarse sand. on a hot sunny day, it is warm and comforting which make me linger on and running all over. on rainy days, the cold and slimey feeling usually drives me away from the already deserted playground.

then the one few blocks away disappear behind construction walls. WALA! new playground... those with cushion ground~ i liked it because there was no longer the urine smell. the main thing was there was a terrific swing which allows you to swing real high. perhaps 180 degrees too, that is if you're adventurous enough.

soon enough, my grandma shift to stay with me. back in my bishan house, there was the kinda sandy playground too. but then i was already in secondary school so not much attachment to the playgrounds.

now the present place where i'm staying, at first there was only one small playground. then they evolve a big piece of vacant land to become a small version of the pasir ris park kind. equipped with a mini spider web...used to have a hammock...and little tree houses sorta...and the best part the SWING!!! those tt allows u to swing real high...my favourite! well it's been 6 years since i've shifted here... again, the playground went under refurnishing. tada! now the playground enhances teamwork! everyone must work together then you can have fun... it's interesting~ they have this merry-go-round thing which needs 4 people to cycle and allows additional 4 passengers in between the 4 cyclists (get the idea? i'll try to post pictures or smth) but sadly when i was down there just now, that was the only thing i can manoeuvre by myself! the rest all needed another person, some of it needed 2 other and some needed 3 others to really have fun. there was this see-saw like thing tt needed another person then it will go round and round with the 2 person bouncing up and down like balls. very innovative i must say... but i want my swing!!!

where have my playground gone to??sobs

P.S: the above was posted in boredom. thank you for your kind attention.