Thursday, February 07, 2008

gong xi gong xi

It's Chinese New Year! GONG XI GONG XI everyone =)

A brand new year means a brand new start. Certainly hope so for my friends out there who had a rough year and now it's time to start life afresh! And for those who had it good, I wish you will have a even better year this time round! May good health and prosperity bestowed on you this new year!

For me, it means starting everything from scratch as I will be going to Melbourne for a year to complete my studies. It's a totally new experience for me and definitely an adventure. I am looking forward to it, now that I have my first 2 weeks accommodation settled. So glad that I have Le Tian to offer me his place as his housemates are not around till end of Feb. Have to faster start searching for a place.

I am a little afraid as I have no idea what to expect. It's like leaving a place where you're familiar with and placing yourself in an entirely different environment. The culture, the place, the people, the pace of life.. It will be a whole new idealogy I have to live with for the next 10 months or so. Wish me luck people! I shall tell myself, "Anticipate the unexpected."

It is a good opportunity for me to widen my horizon and at the same time, learn to be more adaptive to changes. I will definitely survive it! Just hope I won't get too homesick.

Anyway, it's time to set my resolutions for the year..

1) Learn to cook 10 dishes at least (No, not fried eggs and fried rice. The more complicated sort.)
2) Participate in a run in Melbourne (10K, 20K or even a marathon)
3) Score distinctions!

Okay, that shall be it for now. Shall not be too greedy. Adios my friends! My apologies if I haven't been able to meet up with you. Will do so next year k? Meanwhile, I will try my best to upload my escapade in the new city as much as I can.

Best wishes for the new year!

xoxo