Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Do people listen anymore?

Well i don't that's for sure.

One fine example is I never seem to be able to remember passing remarks. Say this afternoon, my colleague packed lunch and I asked him what did he get. He answered. Shortly after, say ten minutes, I asked him again. Crap, isn't my memory is failing me? Or was I just engaging in selectively listening? Hear the important stuff but leave out all the others. This is bad, isn't it?

Actually, I noticed everyone does this too. These days, friends hardly have time for you anymore. Everyone is occupied with work, life and the likes. When work piles up, one tend to forget about everything else. Again, I am guilty as charge.

I miss the school days, when life is more carefree and everyone had more time and were happier. Those were the days definitely, wasn't it?